Monday, November 21, 2011

Movin' Right Along

I highly advise against reading “The Aeneid.”  As classic epics go, Virgil’s ranks as the Larry Fine to Homer’s “Odyssey” (Curly) and “Iliad” (Moe).  However, no one can read “someday, perhaps, it will please us to remember even this” without a slight smile.


And so, I announce a new phase in my career.  I plan to put Translinear Marketing Strategy aside for a while to concentrate on my new post, Senior Marketing Strategist for StrongMail, an email and social media-focused company.


And, once again, I rejoin my longtime nemesis/mentor/punching bag Chris Marriott.  This time, however, I get to be Fozzie.




Among other things, I’ll have a regular gig on a real, grown-up website as a columnist (come back soon for more).  However, I plan to keep writing on the Translinear blog because I just can’t say some things on an official website that I can say on a blog and because they probably won’t let me use snarky disclosures (disclosure: snarky disclosures are my favorite part).  Look for updates on a weekly-ish schedule.

I’d also like to take a moment to thank some of the people who helped me along the way as I developed tried to figure out what to do next.  In no particular order:

  • The Acxiom diaspora, in particular Janice Alvarez, Mike Bowser, Mo Brunt, Steve Caratzas, Michael Darviche, Nick Fugaro, Steve “the Greek” Gianakouros, Trent Good, Andy Hawthorne, Jay Jayabose, Michael Lewis, Kyle Morehouse, Karen Riley, Sourabh Singhal, Fiona Taylor and Michael Turner
  • The Think New Ideas/Answerthink die-hards: Malcolm Faulds, Maureen (Kane) Fyke, Susan Goodman, Joan Gugliotta, Meredith Kaback, Chris Korintus, Mike Metz
  • The Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners old-timers (disclosure: don’t sweat it; we’re ALL old now): Hillary Benjamin, Mark DiMassimo, Leann Leahy, Brian Martin and Rina Plapler
  • The Euro folks: Mike “the Saint” Costantino and Chris Greco
  • The RAPP survivors Cindy Lindenbaum and Russell Nuzzo
  • My new friends at the Stop Abuse Campaign: Marek Lis and Andrew Willis
  • Special mention to Alan Jacobson of Red Three consulting for invaluable blogging advice
  • Last, but not least, a special thank you to my mother-in-law a) for the beef stew and b) because my wife will be angry if I don’t.



No words of valediction.  I have not finished trying to figure out how to break through the line between brand and direct.  But, since I can’t figure out how to end this post, I’m going to link to a video of kittens instead.


BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER

No comments:

Post a Comment